Event Resources for non-HSU groups

In order to use HSU facilities and grounds, all non-HSU persons and organizations must sign a lease and provide a certificate of insurance. To initiate the lease process, fill out the Application for Lease/Rental of University Facilities and submit it by email to cprm@humboldt.edu or by mail to: Humboldt State University, Attn: Contracts & Procurement, SBS 345; 1 Harpst Street, Arcata, CA 95521.

A confirmation email or phone call will be provided within two (2) business days of receipt of the application; however, please allow a minimum of three (3) weeks for processing the request.

Helpful links:

Please explore the HSU regulations you must follow listed below.

HSU Facilities Lease Application Rental Costs

How to get to Humboldt State? | Where to stay? | What to do?


If your event is open to public (any student/staff/faculty from the camus and/or community members from off-campus can attend it) and food is going to be served, there are a few options for where to order the food!

General Terms & Conditions

The Trustees of the California State University and Colleges, hereinafter called the “TRUSTEES”, for and in consideration of the agreements of the LESSEE hereinafter expressed, hereby lease to the LESSEE, and the LESSEE leases from the TRUSTEES, that property of the State University, hereinafter called the “UNIVERSITY” described in the Special Provisions for the term therein specified.

Green Events and/or Zero Waste Events

HSU is committed to zero waste, a strategy that takes a ‘whole systems’ approach to eliminate the volume and toxicity of waste going to the landfill. Zero waste encourages source reduction, materials re-use, composting and recycling.

Most event organizers at HSU are now making their events zero waste! Follow the simple guidelines below and thank you for your commitment to HSU's zero waste goal!


Non-HSU organizations leasing HSU facilities shall procure and maintain for the duration of the contract insurance against claims for injuries to persons or damages to property which may arise from or in connection with the performance of the work hereunder by the lessee, its agents, representatives, employees or subcontractors. The insurance will be issued by an insurance company or be provided through partial or total self- insurance acceptable to the University.

Internet and WiFi

HSU students and employees can connect their private and HSU laptops and smartphones to a free and secure wireless network called eduroam anywhere on campus by using their HSU user name and password. eduroam allows students, researchers and staff from participating institutions to access the internet across campus and when visiting other participating institutions by simply opening their laptop or other mobile device.

Other Considerations

Streets around HSU campus (LK Wood Blvd, 14th Street, Union Street) and Redwood Park are the property of the City of Arcata. Their use for any event requires an application with City of Arcata. Visit City of Arcata Special Events website to obtain the appropriate event application. Questions should be directed to the City of Arcata at (707) 822-5951.


Parking and Meter regulations are in effect every week throughout the year regardless of breaks in instruction. This includes permit and meter requirements between sessions, Fall and Spring breaks, and Winter Recess.


There are many ways promote and publicize your event on and off campus. You can submit information about your event to campus digital services, create posters and fliers, utilize the campus radio stations and the student newspaper, just to name a few. For a comprehensive list of ways to advertise your event check out the Word Out Marketing Guide.


In order to provide services to HSU, vendors must provide insurance and endorsements  issued by an insurance company with AM Best rating of A:VII or higher or provided through  partial or total self-insurance acceptable to HSU. The following Certificates of Insurance and  Endorsements  must be furnished before the work begins:

What to do?

HSU's Center Activities department offers year-round variety of classes, ranging from aquatic and outdoor adventures, guided tours, fitness and leisure activities, as well as certificate programs and trainings.