Other Considerations

Streets around HSU campus (LK Wood Blvd, 14th Street, Union Street) and Redwood Park are the property of the City of Arcata. Their use for any event requires an application with City of Arcata. Visit City of Arcata Special Events website to obtain the appropriate event application. Questions should be directed to the City of Arcata at (707) 822-5951.

When a space is used for a purpose different than its intended purpose a State Fire Marshal’s Special Event Application And Permit is required. Examples of such events are California Big Time, Center Arts concerts in the West Gym. HSU's Facilities Management department representative will assist you with completing the permitting process when a determination is made that your event requires the State Fire Marshal's special event permit.