In order to provide services to HSU, vendors must provide insurance and endorsements  issued by an insurance company with AM Best rating of A:VII or higher or provided through  partial or total self-insurance acceptable to HSU. The following Certificates of Insurance and  Endorsements  must be furnished before the work begins:

  • General Liability - Limits of Liability:
    • $2,000,000 General Aggregate
    • $1,000,000 Each Occurrence – Combined Single Limit
  • Business Automobile Liability - Limits of Liability:
    • $1,000,000 Each Accident – Combined Single Limit
  • Workers’ Compensation - Limits as required by law:
    • $1,000,000 Employers Liability
  • Endorsements for the General and the Automobile Certificates of Insurance that state:
    • The insurer will not cancel the insured’s coverage without thirty (30) days  prior notice to HSU.
    • The contractor names the State of California, the Trustees of the California  State University, the California State University, Humboldt State University, Humboldt State University Center, their officers, employees, representatives,  volunteers, and agents as additional insureds, but only insofar as the operations under this contract are concerned.
    • Vendor’s insurance company can elect to use the CSU Endorsement form and sign it instead of their own form.

Additionally, vendors doing business with HSU for the first-time will also need to fill out the Payee Data Record Form STD 204. HSU employees with access to OBI can look up all vendors in OBI by using report "2.0.0 Chartfields and Vendors." If the particular vendor is on that list, they do not need to fill out the Payee Data Record Form.